the fantasy

The other night. Little did I know that an hour before deadline the newsroom would turn into testosterone central. It was fantasy football night and I was not fantasizing about football.

One by one and minute by minute I would turn around and see a new face of an old man fantasizing about his football team and what I think they called "the draft."

On the news side, it was Tony and I. He told me he wanted to be in the mix but I was under the impression that he would fantasize about football in his home.

With one look away from Tony, I noticed another guy with a hard hat (oilers style) on his head. And by hard hat I mean construction style hard hat not football helmet. Was that part of the fantasy?

Then I looked back at Tony and he had changed. He was now sporting his jersey of his very own fantasy football team. "Yea, we are pretty hardcore," he said to me as I slightly turned my head to notice another jersey entering the room.

Next gumbo along with three other jerseys made their way into the breakroom. 11:59 means deadline but that night it meant Celebrating with gumbo because of fantasy football night!

I decided to finish up before I turned into a jersey. I crouched down in my half cubicle finished webbing and slipped out the door before a jersey could stop me.

Driving home I found myself happy that people never get rid of their imagination.

Comments