the score.

It's amazing how good you feel getting into a clean car.
I love to drive. Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long.

Around this time last year I would be driving home from Ruston. Down 167 South. The best fall drive you could take in Louisiana. Driving up is even better. You feel the fall season through the drive. Hear the leaves cartwheeling on the road behind the wind gusting from the car.

Landmarks are probably the best thing about that drive.
-the finger pointing to a antique sale.
-the lighted ball
-the only cop in Dodson
-the pig statues around Winfield
-the bridge with 'samantha' written on it
-my favorite tree on 167
-the paper mill in Jonesboro
-Williana, Louisiana
-the Dry Prong sign
-the place a got my first ticket, in Quitman.

Today was solid. Tomorrow will be late.

Comments

redbeantine said…
you just had to put up that one.. thanks..