holiday headlines.

For some reason around the holidays I always think of working at the department store. I guess I think of those times because to me, that is the year that it felt the most like the holidays. I was in the prime spot for gift getting.
I worked in the children's department, where all the cutest dressy winter clothes were for children. I worked in the office, wrapping presents and telling people "no, we dont give out free gift boxes." And my favorite, department, jewelry. You got to walk around the counters with a set of keys bugging anyone who looked in your display case, to ask if they would like to see anything. The best case was the wedding band one. For that case, if anyone wanted to see something, you got to sit down with the person and pull out the ring they were eyeing.

Holidays make you think a lot about the people in your life. Gift giving can be one of the toughest things. You have to think about so much before you get the gift.

Comments

blueboybob said…
you can get me a new iPod...
thats one person down