We're all just a little bit lost.

A little while ago I read in this book that writers should always write as if their parents are dead. Basically saying that we shouldn't worry about what people think. Writers should tell the little voice that says, "No! don't write that" to shut up. We should write for ourselves and the reader.

Easier said than done though. If I wrote like my parents were dead I think that would kill them. I was thinking about how I could do this and I came to the conclusion of a pen name. This is usually for writers who tell their parents they are successful yet this keeps them from finding the book.

And it's not just my parents. Its the world. I worry too much what others think. Who doesn't? Who cares? It's not fair that my words have to face the world to be judged. People are judged daily. I am not alone.

It's time to get back in my blog routine of every night.

Who knew you could make millions in journalism? Cha-ching.

Comments