plus.


It's no wonder when you feel blessed.
Friends. Family. Journalism. boyfriend.

Tonight it was my fault. I messed up a page but fixed it. For the first time I felt like I slacked. Every now and then, when you feel like you have something down to the T, you can still mess up. Remember that if something comes easy, there is a way you can mess it up still.

In the paper there was this story about a fast food manager who was shot and killed while working. Sometimes as a part of the world we think less of those who work in the fast food industry. Society loves to stereotype everything and my mind feeds into those sometimes. Today, in this instance, I was pushed out of it. I found myself hating my first impression of this worker. He was a father of three and lived with his mother and stepfather. They said he was a good kid...good kid at 28. The story showed his love for family and how hard he strived for a taste of success. Hearing this story was like stepping into the life of someone you think you have pin-pointed. Stories like these disprove stereotypes and force you to get to know the person rather than the label you put on them.
They cause you to think and open your eyes.

It's all about perspective.

Comments