Sotomayor and those alike.


This morning I woke up and had a thought.

I wondered if Sotomayor or Butto and other great women of the world ever cared about men. From what reports and new stories suggest. It seems that they could care less if one was interested in them. Or for a matter of fact if one texted her.

Lately I think I have lost sight of what I want to do or my main purpose for being in journalism. I want to change the world. It's silly to think with all the distractions that I usually have or rather put myself through. I have always wanted to be (as conceited as that sounds) an inspiration to young women. I wish they could hear my name on the news and think, hey I want to do that or if she can, why can't I? I want to be the motivation. I want my story to impact others or force others to try harder.

Along with my morning thought and cup of coffee, I thought about how hard that I have worked. Honestly a year at a department store and two with a newspaper has been hard work, but nothing to inspire. So what do I have to do?

My first and immediate thought is jump ship. Move to another country and start a revolution or stand up when others sit down. But to do that you have to stand up for something you really believe in. That is the key ... to have a strong voice. Let others hear what you have to say and the hell with everything else.

I wonder sometimes if this is just a dream. And I wonder if legends have the desire to be legends. I wonder if this guy in front of me has gas. hmm. I am in a coffee shop.

I have this thought that legends don't decide to be legends.

Comments