ear buds.

I just thought of the whole concept of ear buds. And I'm not just talking about the electrical device. Ear buds are the ones who are always there for you to listen to your problems. Those are the real ear buds. Kind of like the friends who are there for everything, not just conditions. Conditional friendships take so much out of me. Why not just be friends 365 days instead of two?

The thing I miss the most about college is the coffee shop Frothy Monkey. It's probably my favorite thinking place of all time. Sitting in those black booths looking out the window at North Trenton (i think?) was the exact place that I first fell for the chai latte, accidentally calling it shay latte. This moment was important because it was then that I first thought about cultivating my taste buds. hmm. Taste buds. Another type of bud. One who will always share going out to eat with you. Ha! I have plenty of those.

I'm beginning to realize that college set me up for who I am now.
I need a desk at my house.
Last night a dreamed of getting an iPhone just so I can plug it into my iHome and listen to my station of choice. If I made enough money I would spring for XM radio.

... So I am a desk and an iPhone away from never leaving home. Here's to being a hermit journalist.

Comments