Second chance.


Two days ago I mistakenly listened to "thinking of you," this Norah Jones song that I thought was "shoot the moon." I got into it. Norah Jones songs can sometimes just take you away to that place you want to be. I suppose it is a combination of both the words and the tone of her voice. So fast forward to the next day on my way to a coffee shop. I desperately wanted to hear that song.

And then I realized a year ago I had purchased a Norah Jones cd that sounded a little too country for me. (or I thought) I reached in my glove compartment (which isnt accurately named) and I found that cd. I seriously doubted my newly found song would be on that cd but lo and behold, it was number six. That number six made me give that album a second chance.

That little song got me thinking about second chances. I would never trust myself you hate or love a restaurant after just the first time. People underestimate second chances. They say that first ones are the real risks but second chances could be equally risky. You are putting so much fixation on your first experience which could add to or alter your opinion of the chance itself.

So second chances should be given if you are willing to take the risk that your first chance was wrong. You have to think, though, whether or not you should consider a second chance. Is it worth ruining your creditablity of your first?

With me chances have no number. I usually give none or too many. My second chances are just the beginning of my many chances ... that is unless I stand strong.

Comments