Half the perfect world.









At this moment something inside of me wants to be an English teacher. I always had the best times in English class. The best thing about English class was being able to (or forced to) write in your journal. It was the one thing in high school that I was ok with being forced to do. It was always when we first got into class and sometimes there was a topic. The times the board was without a topic I would be relieved. It was my chance to go all out and get down to what I was really conscious of.

Sometimes I fall too easy. I'll admit that, maybe that is the down side to me or upside. I love to love and I find it easy to admire in a genuine manner. Whether it be friendships or others. My heart is always open to the possibility. Don't get me wrong I am not in awe of everyone who looks my way, but I am in awe of similarity and the things that make people "good people." It's refreshing when people know who they are and are comfortable in there own skin.

People take what they have for granted. I'm guilty of it too. I moved more than 1300 miles to live in New York and follow my passion. Who else gets a pursuit like that? In our own way someone is seeking something that we already have or accomplished. I dont believe that no one in the world isnt after something that you have done or accomplished.

The other day I met this lady, while working. The smallest of small talk led me to learn that she had lived in New Orleans for three years. She loved the culture and missed the food. And we got to talking all because of her short hair.

New York has really brought out the best of me. I'm learning. Turns out I'm much stronger than I thought. How about that?


Comments