I dyed.


Last night I drank red wine and dreamed of living in Paris. Just me.
I guess it was my eat, pray, love moment, starring me instead of Julia Roberts or Elizabeth Gilbert. I love the part in that book when she is laying on the bathroom floor crying. For some reason I think the bathroom floor is where most of us find clarity in our lives. It's the only place that you can be alone and people expect you to go in there. My favorite room in the house: my bathroom.

I remember this scene on Tough Love, the VH1 show that I credit stealing at least an hour of my Sundays to show me all the things I've done wrong in relationships. This girl on the show becomes confronted with a guy who she is in love with, and a guy who is from her past, that I guess she was still in love with. Seeing the awkward moments before her eyes, she runs to the bathroom. When she comes out, she quotes her mom. "My mom always told me that when you are feeling sad or helpless, go to the bathroom and take a second to calm down and say a prayer."

The grass is always greener on the other side but sometimes all you want to do is just trample through it to really see if it is greener.

I've never seen so many Adirondack chairs in my life. Either this place loves to be lazy or they are really proud of their wood.

Comments

Jordo said…
I am in love with Elizabeth Gilbert. And you too.

Can we please live like Groceries?