babies will crawl.

Tonight I remembered for a second how things were three years ago.

A lot was different. Businesses were just starting and more people had time. Since when did people become so business? I think a lot about that term. We think business and then we think impersonal. I can tell things have become more impersonal.

These days we only scratch the surface. That is business.

I keep trying to think of something better, some better word to accurately represent a personal business. Friendship maybe?

When you are thinking of doing business with someone, what truly comes first...the act of business or the act a friendship. Maybe that friendship is a sham but either way you are doing business.

Are all relationships just business? And the act of handling business is furthering the relationship.

Being in the business world has really made me think about this. When you are trying to get the business you are pretty much required to form that immediate friendship right off the bat, because if they trust you — they do business with you.

That was my mini Jerry Maguire moment. My small part where this small ray of insight becomes a mission statement.

In other news I've stopped a lot. By that I mean I'm stopped doing the things that give me the most joy. I blame no one but myself. I havent written, ran, listened to great music or hung out with good friends. During most weekends, I feel the most inspired but only for a short period.

I think I blame living with others. I am the most motivated when I am alone. I shine during that time. I can make myself do everything that I love and be with everyone that I do too.

Once I get back to my own place, I'll be back to me.

It's not that I don't love my roommates, it just that feeling of being more independent that I crave. I miss being in my own space and with my own wonderful items.

I miss all of my little pieces.

Comments