This week.

When it comes to love, I am super cheesy.

This week I thought a lot about how I was when I was younger.
I sang like Whitney Houston. I believed that I was truly amazing at everything. With all of my talents I envisioned myself as a star. At a young age I honestly felt like people would know my name and I was only a couple of years away from being completely famous. Achieving this fame would be easy, of course. I was a singer, a writer and only one foot away from being a model. My possibilities were endless.

Yesterday I had two conversations about love. I tried to be insightful but I think deep down, I wasn't. I know I am in the thick of it but so many words can describe it.

There is not one true meaning of love.

I have never been the girl who got roses on Valentine's Day and now this guy makes me the girl who gets two dozen roses on Valentine's Day. To me it has never been the act — it's the simple thought. Love is an act but I love the thought before the act, or the thought that produces the act. The beginning.

This weekend I really felt like a grown up. I took care of my taxes. No more H&R Block for me. I grabbed those W2s by the horns and punched in those numbers! RA!

And so it's Mardi Gras. I remember missing this day last year and aching to be home and now that I am I still feel so far from it. I love the Mardi Gras music. I think that topped with king cake really charms me.

I looked over my blog this morning and was a little sad to say that this was it, after all I have learned about blogs and websites. I think it's time to get my self in the game...

Here goes...

LYDIA

Comments

Cajun Cowgirl said…
Is that a heart shaped pizza?? I see what you did there, "When it comes to love I'm super cheesy." Clever girl ;)
Lydia said…
haha thanks Sara!