Starbucks Preacher.

Starbucks was my place, that is until I sit here and listen to preaching. I love God but this man was nuts. I couldn't stop listening.

The more I listen to him, the more I questioned his true intentions. You want a story? Listen to the voices at Starbucks. One of his followers sounds like he wants to move to Baton Rouge. And then the preacher begins his sentence on how Baton Rouge is full of sinners. Baton Rouge is too big and filled with sin, there are many temptations there.

"You should never befriend sinners"
... and he continues "I have never sat in a church in Baton Rouge, less than 5,000 people. I just sat there."

As a person of God, wouldn't that be an honor? Sitting next to 5,000 Christians who seek God? How is that a negative? I see how big churches can sometimes be impersonal but I don't think that is the goal of church.

I keep wondering why this man is here preaching negativity so early in the morning to someone who is actively seeking God. Shouldn't he try to help him and not discourage him from attending another church?

THIS IS WHY
Bring people to God and not just your church. Challenge beliefs and respect other religions.

"be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be..."

Dear Mr. Preacher,
Speak for the benefit of God and not just for the benefit of your church in particular.

Thanks

Ps. Baton Rouge is not that bad.

So many questions that lead me to a pumpkin spice latte.

Comments