The last five minutes

Tonight John made me tear up in mcalisters. It was supposed to be a fun question -- what is the last thing you would want to see if you could see anything in the world happen. 

I chose dinosaurs. I wanted to see how they really died and what really happened to them. 

John chose the first five minutes of me walking into cc's coffee house right when we met. He said that's the last thing that I would like to see. 

I started to tear up. This guy? Seriously?

I tried to hold back but when any guy says this, you can't help but feel like you are watching a movie of your life -- a sappy romance movie where in the end you are so happy because they love each other more than you ever knew. 

He knew how charming and romantic he was in that moment. 

Last week was a trial. I managed what and how I could but sometimes I think that it's not as good as I thought. It hurts to hear the bad but I'm trying my best to take it in and buck up. 

I think about that girl back in NY struggling though the snow. She got the strength to get through it. She had herself and confidence. 

Why let people drag you down? You know what you are doing. Don't let them step your stride. Listen to that little voice that is shouting. More than I seem, I know who I am and I know where I'm going. 

Me I'm just me. 

Comments