older.


Last night at 11:02 I turned 24. I was surrounded by friends, which I think is the best way to celebrate any birthday. Friends are family. Just like brothers and sisters. For some reason I was jokingly more ashamed of my age than I ever have been. I dont know whether I was actually embarrassed to get older or that I just wanted to come off as funny.

I actually remember the first time in my life when I felt older (in a good way). I was at a wedding with a drink in hand, dressed up, I was in the perfect New Orleans setting. The thing that made me feel older was how I must have looked from the outside. This 20 something at her friends wedding, socializing with those alike. I just remember that as a good night.

The best feeling of that night was that I felt like I could take care of myself. I love that moment.

So 72 degrees makes a good night for keeping your balcony company, lights included. The only thing that could make it better would be a fancy skyline and I would never come down.

... but back to 24. This year (I assume) will be the year of "working it." A few weeks ago I listen to a sermon that we all should live by. No ones opinion matters but the man upstairs. <---That just gives birth to confidence. We should never feel like we aren't worth anything because we are or else we wouldn't be here.

The thing that I hope I never lose through my years would be to keep a humble mind of my experiences. No one truly knows everything or can completely know how things are or will turn out, we can only supply comfort or offer advice.

he's been kind of yellow and I've been kind of blue.

Comments